Living Out The Lord's Prayer
Living Out The Lord's PrayerBy: Todd Hudnall
This weekend we concluded our series on The Lord’s Prayer. It has been extremely encouraging to hear reports from people telling us that for the first time they are developing a consistent prayer life. Others have shared how their time with the Lord has become sweeter. I’ve been praying through the Lord’s Prayer on a regular basis for over 25 years. Yet, this series has also taken my daily prayer life to a much higher level. I’m more of a “man of prayer” than I was just 8-weeks ago.
During the series, we’ve seen that the Lord’s Prayer is really an outline or superstructure for our prayers. As such, each message of the series not only examines a section of the prayer, but shows you how to apply each portion and petition to your prayer time.
If you were not part of the series you can download and listen to the messages at http://www.radiantchurch.org/node/118. In addition, I highly encourage you to download the prayer guidebook with tools for each portion of the prayer. It is on the left side of the same page. If you’d rather order the materials, you can do so by calling 719-597-4402. Just tell the receptionist you want to order The Lord’s Prayer series on CD or DVD. At the current time the audio messages and prayer guide are available online at no cost.
It's so exciting to see God at work making Radiant Church a house of prayer.
If you are interested in doing your own study of the Lord's Prayer, below are the best books I drew from during my study.
- And When You Pray, Ray Prichard
- Living the Lord’s Prayer, David Timms
- The Lord’s Prayer, R.T. Kendall
- Praying the Lord's Prayer for Spiritual Breakthrough, Elmer Towns
- Prayer Coach, James Nicodem (This book isn't specifically on the Lord's Prayer but is a very good practical book on developing a vital prayer life. The tools we've provided during the series came from my own prayer life but many are similar to those Pastor Nicodem shares.His alphabet list was used as our template.)